NEW HOLLAND MACHINE CO
COMPLIMENTS OF A.M. ZIMMERMANN
This Doorstop was given away to advertise
"New Holland Machine Company"
located at 146 E. Franklin Steet
in New Holland, PA
Note 2: -- HISTORY
The New Holland Machine Company was founded in 1895
by Abram Zimmerman and in 1896, had three employees.
Abram Zimmerman was a mechanical genius
As a blacksmith, he made & repaired farm machinery for the local farmers.
In 1900, he designed a four-cycle engine that was "Freeze Proof"
despite the engine being cooled by tubes of water.
Note: - Ethylene glycol wasn't first used as an automotive antifreeze until 1926
The company was incorporated in 1903 and marketed five models of the engine
(1½ hp to 16 hp). In 1912, they introduced a rock crusher and, by 1914, added a wood saw
By 1927, the number of employees at the company had risen to 225
The New Holland Machine Company was purchased by the Sperry Corporation in 1947.
The building on Franklin Street closed in 1992.